I have chickens! Well, that’s a lie. I’m borrowing chickens for the summer! My lovely friend Dayna has graciously allowed me to harvest her garden and collect her chicken’s beautiful healthful eggs while she’s out-of-state during the summer. I’m so thankful to have a chance to eat this wonderful produce mere moments after it’s been picked from the earth.
I’m especially excited about the eggs. Look at the orangey-yellow goodness…
What to do with my egg bounty? Make a frittata of course!
Pineapple and Pancetta Frittata
1/2 c. diced fresh pineapple
1/4 c. sliced red onion
3 oz. diced pancetta
1/4 c. shredded organic mozzarella
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
chopped fresh basil
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In an oven-safe skillet, saute pineapple, pancetta, and red onion for 2 mins.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese (optional) and basil on top.
- Transfer skillet to oven for 10-15 mins or until the center is set (check by gently shaking the skillet).
- Slice and serve!
One Comment Add yours