2013/04/29 by nikkiledford
This weekend was FANTASTIC.
I’ll break it down for you.
My husband’s brother is getting married this coming weekend. This last weekend was the bachelor party. Which meant I was home alone Friday through Sunday. What did I do with the alone time? Pretty much anything I wanted.
Friday night I went to yoga, made a smoothie for dinner, watched Grey’s Anatomy while sitting in my candlelit bath, and read my new favorite book before bed (more on that in the future).
Saturday I rose early for coffee and went to the farmer’s market to buy some beautiful produce for juicing. I came home, walked to yoga, came back and made lunch for a dear friend (who happened to be my yoga teacher). Some more girlfriends came over and we lounged by the pool for hours. Once they left I went on another walk to the store to get chicken for dinner. I prepared a delicious and refreshing Grilled Chicken Greek Salad right in time for my best buddy to cruise on over. A bit later, her friend came over and we had a SLEEPOVER!
Sunday, we rose REALLY early to go work a booth for Disney over at a 5K/10K race in Downtown LA. We handed out bananas and water to the runners and then had a leisurely lunch at a local cafe. Then I went on a GREAT sunny hike out in the hills of Pasadena before my man returned. Like I said, it was a fantastic weekend.
I made this salad TWICE IN A ROW. I had it for dinner on two consecutive nights. This never happens because I always have new things I want to make. So, that should really speak to the deliciousness of this meal. Go make it. now.
Greek Salad with Lemon Mustard Dressing
2 chicken breasts
red pepper flakes
romaine, chopped into ribbons
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 c. small organic tomatoes, chopped
1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 c. olive tapenade (trader joes’ is yum!)
2 spring onions, sliced thin
1/4 c. water
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1/4 c. olive oil
salt to taste
- Heat up your BBQ or grill pan. Season the chicken and grill on medium for about 5 mins each side. Once cooked, set aside. (If your chicken is really cold, it may take longer to cook all the way through, so check for done-ness.)
- In a blender, mix mustard, water, and lemon.
- With blender running, slowly add olive oil.
- Finish with salt.
- Top lettuce with tomatoes, red pepper, cucumbers, and spring onions.
- Slice chicken thinly and spread onto salad.
- Top chicken with olive tapenade and drizzle dressing over the top.