Like bone broth, nut milk is the kind of food adventure that many people shy away from making at home because it “seems like a lot of work”. I’m here to bust that myth whilst adding an incentive. This almond milk is so amazingly delicious that you will NEVER want to drink that carton stuff EVER AGAIN. I promise.
Fresh Almond Milk
2 c. raw almonds, soaked for 6-8 hours
8 c. water or coconut water
3 dates, pitted
2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of salt
- Drain the water from the soaked almonds and rinse well.
- Add nuts, cinnamon, dates, salt, and water to a blender and blend well.
- Using a nut milk bag, cheesecloth, or (Pro Tip!) a reusable mesh produce bag (really fine mesh), strain the milk from the almonds into a large bowl.
- Store the milk in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Reuse the almond meal for cookies, paleo granola, or muffins.
4 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on The Clean Plate and commented:
It’s the weekend! Take the time to make your own nut milk!