Sweet and Savory. Some of the most beloved words in the foodie world. What is it about the combination of sweet and salty? It’s just sooooo delicious. This little paleo-friendly potato medley is just that. Super delicious.
If you are looking for a good reason to make this, I’ll give you three:
- Pair these potatoes with breakfast for a warm and satisfying first meal.
- They also would go well with some roasted chicken and a simple sauce made from coconut aminos and tahini.
- They could also fill in for dessert! Just add a little bit of coconut milk, some toasted almonds and coconut flakes, and a drizzle of honey!
Spiced Potato Medley
1 medium yam (orange flesh, red skin)
1 medium sweet potato (white flesh, white skin)
1-2 small Okinawan sweet potato (purple flesh, white skin)
1 Tsp. chinese five spice
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Chop potatoes into medium-sized cubes, try to keep them about the same size for even cooking.
- Toss with spice, oil, and salt.
- Spread out evenly on a baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 mins until crispy outside, but soft inside.