2013/03/19 by nikkiledford
Sweet and Savory. Some of the most beloved words in the foodie world. What is it about the combination of sweet and salty? It’s just sooooo delicious. This little paleo-friendly potato medley is just that. Super delicious.
If you are looking for a good reason to make this, I’ll give you three:
- Pair these potatoes with breakfast for a warm and satisfying first meal.
- They also would go well with some roasted chicken and a simple sauce made from coconut aminos and tahini.
- They could also fill in for dessert! Just add a little bit of coconut milk, some toasted almonds and coconut flakes, and a drizzle of honey!
Spiced Potato Medley
1 medium yam (orange flesh, red skin)
1 medium sweet potato (white flesh, white skin)
1-2 small Okinawan sweet potato (purple flesh, white skin)
1 Tsp. chinese five spice
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Chop potatoes into medium-sized cubes, try to keep them about the same size for even cooking.
- Toss with spice, oil, and salt.
- Spread out evenly on a baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 mins until crispy outside, but soft inside.