These little beauties are a huge hit with everyone. I’ve actually given them as Christmas gifts. Smiles all around. They’re incredibly easy to make and even easier to eat.
Dairy-Free Chocolate Truffles
8 oz. coconut milk (full fat)
8 oz. 85% dark chocolate, chopped
1 tsp. vanilla extract or half a vanilla bean, scraped out
to flavor the truffles:
peppermint extract (add when stirring milk into chocolate)
almond extract (add when stirring milk into chocolate)
instant coffee (add to milk)
orange rind (add to milk, and then strain out before adding milk to chocolate)
unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a small pot, heat coconut milk until scalding but not boiling.
- Pour over chocolate and stir until incorporated. Add any flavor extracts.
- Let the ganaché mixture chill
- Once firm, form teaspoon-sized pieces into little balls.
- Roll in cocoa, coconut, etc.
- Keep refrigerated.