I was all kinds of active today. I headed over to my Crossfit gym at 7 am for a totally fun workout; Deadlifts, burpees, ball slams… it had it all. Then after work, I went on a fantastical hike up in the foothills of LA. And this evening I had a blissful hour and a half of yoga at my local YogaWorks.
How do I fuel these crazy active days? Well, here’s a little breakdown of what I ate today.
Breakfast: A Blueberry Avocado Smoothie with a little bit of banana added.
Lunch: Grilled sweet potato slices with a grassfed beef burger with and avocado.
Dinner: Steamed veggies with Cashew Miso sauce and some roasted chicken.
The sun is out, which means the grill is ON. Here’s a quick and easy paleo side dish for any grilling adventure.
Grilled Vegetable Salad
3 zucchini squash
2 bell peppers
salt and pepper
- Heat your grill (or grill pan).
- Slice the zucchini into long thick strips. Dress with some oil and lay on the grill.
- Place the whole bell peppers directly on the grill, you’ll want to wait until the skin starts to char and bubble. Flip them around occasionally.
- Flip zucchini when they have some grill marks.
- Once the bell peppers are charred, put them in a bowl and cover.
- Once cooled, remove the charred skin from the pepper. Slice the rest of the pepper into chunks.
- Slice the zucchini into chunks.
- Cut avocado into large chunks and combine in a bowl with the grilled vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.