Here’s a recap of my super chill Valentine’s Day.
I did some yoga at my new studio, Yoga Works Pasadena. Check them out!
After some hard work in my stretchy pants, my beloved and I headed downtown to a Los Angeles favorite, Urth Caffe.
Here’s a great example of why Urth Caffe rocks my socks. They don’t charge extra for almond milk and they put a sunny sun in my foam!
Then we came home and had a foodie night in the abode. If you read Friday’s post, you will remember that my amazing husband made me dinner. I really can’t remember the last time that happened. So it was pretty special.
Dessert was my project, and I’m pretty sure I dominated.
Exhibit A: Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
If you have access to an ice cream maker and you do not make this, you are a crazy person. Straight up LOCO.
The brownie recipe is on deck for tomorrow. I don’t want to bombard you with too much awesome all at once.
Dairy-Free Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
6 eggs, separated and room temperature
1 c. natural sugar (dates, maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, etc.)
3 c. coconut milk (full fat)
2 vanilla beans
dash of sea salt
- With a hand mixer, beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat yolks and sugar until sugar is dissolved and well combined.
- Add coconut milk and the scraped out portion of the vanilla beans and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites until combined.
- Chill mixture for an hour or so.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow the directions given for your machine.
- Once ice cream is done churning, serve with warm brownies or pack and freeze for later.
- If frozen, let it sit for 5 mins or so just to soften a bit for scooping.