Sometimes I feel like I’m on a life-long pursuit to make delicious baked goods with as little sweetener as possible. Sometimes it doesn’t work out too great. Baked goods should be somewhat sweet, this I’ve learned… over and over again.
So I was pretty stoked when I made this lil’ guy the other day. Granted, it has a lot of banana in it, which is sweet… but it’s banana bread. If there was ever a time to go a little bananas, now would be it.
This loaf comes out delightfully moist!
Enjoy for breakfast or as a special treat 🙂
Hazelnut Banana Bread
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. hazelnut oil
3 Tbsp. coconut milk
2 Tbsp honey + 1 Tbsp.
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. coconut flour
1/4 c. hazelnut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 – 1/2 c. chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and either grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix bananas, oil, eggs, honey, and vanilla.
- Add flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in hazelnuts or sprinkle on top (optional).
- Drizzle remaining honey (1 Tbsp.) on the top and sprinkle some cinnamon.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 50 mins or so.
One Comment Add yours
I made banana bread this week too! Definitely want to try this recipe next time 🙂