Quick breakfast for the masses…
Rosemary and Bacon Spanish Tortilla
9 bacon strips
1 medium – large yam, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
1 red onion, sliced
1 sprigs of rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Put bacon on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 mins until crispy. Let drain on a plate. Save rendered fat.
- Coat yam slices in some bacon fat and lay flat on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 mins until tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- In a large, oven safe skillet, saute onions.
- Add tender yam rounds and chopped bacon to the skillet and pour egg mixture over the top.
- Transfer skillet to the oven for about 15-20 mins until the center is set (no longer jiggles).
- Remove from oven and slice to serve.
One Comment Add yours