The Fall weather has been AMAZING! Great poofy clouds and good temperatures beckoned me outdoors this week. I decided to explore the hills of San Clemente and I found these awesome dried-up POOFY FLOWERS! So neat looking!
For this recipe I thought I’d divert away from pumpkin to pay attention to another great Fall-ish flavor… APPLE!
This a super tasty grain-free crisp recipe. It’s also super easy and great for entertaining.
Apple Crisp with Molasses Drizzle
8 small/medium apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
2 c. almond flour
1/4 c. flax meal
2 Tbsp. cinnamon, plus 1 tsp.
1 Tbsp. ground ginger
1/2 c. whole pecans
1/4 c. butter, ghee, or coconut oil, cut into cubes
1/4 c. golden raisins
1/4 c. coconut sugar (optional)
1 tsp salt
1/4 c. molasses
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine apples with raisins, 1 tsp. cinnamon and sprinkle of salt. Spread evenly into a 9 x 13 dish.
- In the same bowl, mix together almond flour, sugar, spices, salt, and flax.
- In a food processor, pulse cold butter (or oil) with pecans until large gravel texture.
- Add pecan/butter crumble to the flour mix and combine.
- Spread over apples and sprinkle with some chopped pecans.
- Drizzle molasses over the crisp and then bake for 20 mins until apples are soft.