Mmmm. Is there anything better than crispy salmon skin?!
The answer is no. Unless it’s fried bacon skin. I’ve been on an animal skin kick lately. Not sure what brought that on, but I will enjoy some grilled fish skin and chicharrones until the hankering departs.
Here’s a little meal sure to impress anyone and it takes only 20 minutes to make. What could be better? DUH, crispy salmon skin! Which is why this meal is awesome. You get a delicious and nutritious fish dish, and then you get to eat the skin.
It’s a win-win situation.
Especially if your dinner partner doesn’t like the skin… then you get double. That’s a win-win-WIN in my book.
Grilled Salmon over Ginger Kale
2 5 oz. peices of Wild caught Salmon, skin on
1/2 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and chopped
1/4 large onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
Juice of half a lime
- Start your grill so it gets hot!
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet until hot.
- Season salmon with salt and ginger. Place flesh down in the skillet to sear the top.
- Remove from heat when the salmon releases from the pan easily.
- In the same skillet, heat up a bit more coconut oil.
- Add onions and saute until fragrant.
- Put salmon on grill over medium heat, skin down. Cover and cook for 5-10 mins, depending on thickness.
- While salmon is grilling, add kale and garlic to onions, saute for 2-3 mins until the kale begins to wilt.
- Add lime juice, salt, and ginger. Toss to combine.
- Cook the kale until soft. Remove from heat.
- Remove salmon from the grill and serve over green with a slice of lime!