2012/05/30 by nikkiledford
Lately, I’ve been introducing lamb into my diet. It was not an animal that I’d ever had until the last 5 months. I gotta admit, it’s pretty tasty. It’s also a nice diversion from beef, chicken, fish, bacon…
One of my favorites so far is a grilled lamb kabob. I marinate the lamb meat, some vegetables and then skewer them for the grill.
Pair this with the Paleo Hummus and you will be a very happy eater 🙂
Lamb and Vegetable Kabob
1 lb. boneless lamb meat
1 bell pepper
2 small zucchini
1 yellow squash
6-7 crimini mushrooms
1/4 red onion
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
3 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the lamb into bite size pieces. Same with the vegetables. Leave the mushrooms whole if they are bite sized. Put the lamb in one bowl, the veggies in another.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon, oil, and spices.
- Pour half of oil mixture over lamb and toss to coat. Pour remaining oil over veggies.
- Let the meat marinate until it is room temperature.
- Skewer the meat, then the vegetables. Putting them on different skewers is better than mixing meat/veg on the same skewer. You’ll have more control over the cooking times of each.
- Make sure the grill is hot and then cook skewers over low heat . Rotate to cook both sides.
- Once done, remove skewers and serve the meat and veggie peices with paleo hummus or dairy-free ranch and some sweet potato fries!