So… the gas ran out for my BBQ one day, and I had my heart set on trying out a grilled banana recipe from Everyday Paleo.
This is a pretty tasty and safe paleo dessert. By “safe”, I mean no sugar added! I highly recommend it if you’re craving something sweet after dinner or in the afternoon. ALSO, if your BBQ works, you can grill them!
Broiled Bananas with Toasted Coconut
1/4 c. coconut flakes
1 tsp. coconut oil
pinch sea salt and cinnamon
- Turn on broiler (or BBQ).
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise with the peel still on.
- Brush banana side with coconut oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, toast coconut flakes. Stand over them and shake around often or else they will burn.
- Set coconut aside in a bowl.
- Place the bananas on a sheet pan, broil for 2-3 mins on each side. On the BBQ, grill peel side up for 3 mins, then flip for another 2 mins.
- Serve with toasted coconut and some paleo ice cream!
One Comment Add yours
This was a llovely blog post