2012/04/24 by nikkiledford
This meal was the result of a couple minutes of planning. I’m not saying that to brag or anything, only to really portray how simple it is to come up with some last minute meals from the contents of your fridge and/or pantry.
I had some squash and ground beef. That means stuffed squash is on the menu. What kind of flavor do I want? For some reason, I felt a great desire to make ginger-y beef. What goes well with ginger? Curry! Toss in some nuts like cashews or pumpkin seeds. A little sweetness with some dried fruit like goji berries or golden raisins. I just kept adding ingredients until…
Curried Ginger Beef Stuffed Acorn Squash
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 red onion, diced
4 small garlic cloves, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp. goji berries
2 Tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp. lime zest
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 Acorn squash, halved and seeded
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Place acorn squash halves, flesh side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 mins or until skin gives slightly when pressed.
- In a skillet, brown beef with onion and garlic.
- Add curry powder, ginger, lime zest, and salt to taste.
- Mix in goji berries and pumpin seeds.
- Spoon beef mixture into the acorn squash halves.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 mins.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.