Just a quickie. Made this for my friends and they thought they were SOOOOO good that they “almost cried”.
Well, weep on friends, weep on.
Citrus Baked Plantains
3 ripe plantains (black skins)
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
2 large oranges, zested and juiced
2 limes, zested and juiced
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375
- Peel plantains and cut in half lengthwise, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Place the plantains in one layer on a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix all the other ingredients.
- Pour juice mixture over plantains.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until soft. Turn over plantains as they cook so they do not dry out.
- Remove from oven when they are slightly caramelized and serve with excess juice.
Other plantain recipes: