Inspired by a work recipe, I decided to try my hand at some nut covered meat snacks… sounds appetizing, right?
Well, they are. They’re called Almond Beef Bites and they are an AMAZING on-the-go snack, SOOPer easy to make, and quite tasty.
Don’t be freaked out by the ingredients. Mayo and almond?! Sounds wierd, I know. But the mayonnaise is a great way to keep the meat moist. If you want to be more advanced with your culinary skills, make your own mayonnaise like I did! It’s much healthier and WAY more delicious. You can also substitute chicken for beef and even coconut shreds for the almond for all the nut-allergy folk.
Almond Beef Bites
1 lb. Grass-fed beef stew meat (easy because it already comes in chunks, you can also cut up your own chunks if you want.)
1 c. mayonnaise (my recipe)
1/4 c. spicy mustard
2 c. almond meal (from trader joes)
2 Tbsp. diced scallions
1 Tsp. salt and pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
- In a bowl, mix together spicy mustard and mayonnaise.
- In another bowl, mix together almond meal, garlic, scallions, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Take beef pieces and dip them into the mayonnaise mix to coat, then dredge in the almond mix to coat.
- Place all the coated pieces on the sheet pan and bake for 20-25 mins.
One Comment Add yours