Here’s a little green for your St. Patrick’s Day! This is NOT a traditional Irish dish. I made it up…like, an hour ago. It’s pretty tasty and it includes bacon.
Seared Short Ribs with Bacon Relish
3 Grass-fed boneless short ribs
1/2 white onion, diced
1 Tbsp. bacon fat
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 thick slices of cooked bacon
1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and chopped
1 small zucchini, chopped into 1 inch sticks
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the bacon fat.
- In a bowl, mix onions with spices
- Place short ribs in the hot skillet turning once. Add onions on top.
- Lower the heat and cover.
- In a large skillet, add some water or coconut oil to cook greens
- Add kale and zucchini pieces, cook until wilted.
- Remove short ribs from the pan and let them rest on a cutting board for a bit.
- In the cast iron, add the bacon pieces and heat for 2-3 mins on high.
- On a place make a bed of the cooked green mixture. Slice the short ribs and place them on the bed.
- Top with the bacon/onion relish.