Another recipe from our honeymoon feast! The star of this dish is definitely the crust. It has a “lara bar” like texture and taste. Many agreed that the crust could stand alone as a dessert however, the addition of the fruit gives it a fresh and bright taste. It’s easy, gluten and dairy free, and delicious. A perfect addition to a weekend brunch with friends.
Raw Pear and Blackberry Tart
2 D’anjou or bartlett pears(firm), sliced
1 pkg. blackberries, washed thoroughly
1 1/2 c. sliced almonds (or any combo of nuts you like)
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a food processor, blend nuts, coconut dates and spices until sticky. Add a date if it’s too dry and crumbly.
- Press nut crust mix in small tart pan or pie plate.
- Layer pear over the crust.
- Top with blackberries.
- Cut and serve.
Caramel Sauce (optional)
1/2 c. honey or maple syrup
1/2 c. coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla
- In a saucepan, heat sugar on medium-high, stirring constantly until it gets close to a boil.
- Immediately add coconut milk and vanilla and stir to combine. Allow to cool.
- Serve over tart.
One Comment Add yours