Rice? No. Cauliflower Rice? Yes!
Pulsing cauliflower in a food processor is a great way to mimic a rice-type texture in a recipe. I like this particular dish because it reminds me of the flavors of thanksgiving turkey stuffing. The herbs and the golden raisins really satisfy the savory cravings of the season. Try this recipe with different combinations of herbs, spices, nuts, and dried fruit. Dried cranberries and pecans would be great!
Cauliflower Rice with Toasted Almonds and Golden Raisins
4 T coconut oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup celery, finely diced
5 cups cauliflower, trimmed and coarsely chopped
1 T fresh thyme, chopped
2 T fresh sage, chopped
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup golden raisins
½ cup sliced almonds
1 t sea salt
- In a large skillet , heat oil over medium heat
- Sauté onion over medium heat for 10 minutes, until soft
- Add celery to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a food processor with the “S” blade and process until the texture of rice
- Add cauliflower, thyme, sage, cabbage and raisins to skillet, cover and cook 5-10 minutes, until soft, then add salt
- Toast almonds in a skillet, set aside
- Serve warm with almonds as garnish.