2013/01/18 by nikkiledford
Here’s a nice, cleaner version of the treat we all love:
I have been making this pudding for as long as I’ve been paleo… longer actually. It’s from the wonderful Amy Green over at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free. Before I switched my diet to Paleo I was completely gluten-free. Amy is a very well-known blogger and author about gluten-free foods. So I’d like to pass this on to you because it’s really easy to make and satisfies the chocolate monster in all of us. And it’s a paleo treat. BONUS!
It’s great with some fried bananas, chocolate shavings, or toasted coconut shreds (or all three!).
Amy’s Chocolate Pudding
2 cans coconut milk (full fat or lite)
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/2 c. honey
5 Tbsp. tapioca starch
2 tsp. vanilla extract
dash of salt
- In a small pot, add cocoa and starch. Stir until well combined.
- Add 1 c. of coconut milk and mix to form a paste.
- Turn on burner to medium-high heat and add remaining milk, vanilla, honey, and salt.
- Stir constantly until pudding begins to thicken and boil.
- Turn off heat.
- Eat warm, cold, or FROZEN! (It’s like a fudgesicle)